Friday, September 19, 2008

HOW WE MET...



Here is a photo of my husband...What happen to your blog dear?? Where's your update?
I met him in late 1996 during our studies at the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. I can still recall the first time I met him...and where on earth does this guy came from??...I thought at that time.
He was known to be the 'expert' on cars ...of course among the Malaysian students over there. When I first came to Tulsa, the four of us (Jaja, Sham and Sque) bought a car...it was the Mitsubishi, white old-car. So we were told that there was a guy who can actually give us his first opinion on the car that we plan to buy. So during the test-drive, Jaja drove us to his apartment where most Malaysian students at Tulsa stayed, the 6th Street...and there he was, one of his roomate came out of the apartment and told us to wait for the guy named Keng...Keng??? What is that? So this guy named Keng came out from the door 'topless'...I mean 'shirt-less', and he was also wearing a worn-checkered pyjama-like pant...so worn and faded...he came down the stairs shoeless and he was on his barefoot walking on the driveway to our new car. My first impression was that, where in the world does this Keng came from? who he was? so he was the expert huh? So he came to us and starting asking a few questions, checked the car front boot, took out the 'coolen' out, he told us that it need to be changed and later on we were on the car with him driving...he wanted to test-drive the car himself....oh my!!! He drove the car as if it was a brand new one, we were screaming at him to slow down, and he told us to calm down because that was one of the ways he would find out whether the car was okay or not...duh!
We bought the car after receiving few good reviews from Keng...we never knew his real name till about a few months after that...he is the HASWADI YUSOF...'the man in my life!'
And from then on we started being friends...actually the person that my friends and I would refer to whenever it is about the car...

4 comments:

AKO.SI.RETZ said...

Geez, nice love story... =)

nj said...

AG

Yeah..yeah...not poetic enough huh! Anyway thanks for dropping by. Nice poems you have there in your blog.

en_me said...

romantiknyerrr.. me wonder wat hapen to our students in US.. takdok me jumperrr blog nowadays..

nj said...

me...
romantik ke? geli geleman dengar perkataan tu..
kami ni...sorg 'toya' dan sorg 'serius' camana nak jadi romantik?..once in a blue moon je...
Were you from any university in US?