Thursday, April 12, 2012

SLEEPLESS NIGHT IN JUBAIL..

Tonight is just one of the sleepless nights that I undergo. It seems that something is bothering me for the past couple of days. 

So what did I do to kill the time I am sparing tonight...well...it is just an hour past midnight...and all I wanted to do is SCONES...

Yes the scone...the traditional British quick bread.  The scones call for a very simple recipe that have triggered me to try making it.  I guess I have had too much of Paula Deen and Martha Stewart...duhh..

I have tried it once a few months back...and now I am baking it again.  Just love the simplest method and with the littlest ingredients..

I started out at this hour

 Then grabbing all items from the fridge...the kitchen cabinets and drawers...incorporating all into this...
 Slowly and softly kneaded the dough...
 Pat..cut and sprinkle icing sugar on top of each scone...
 Putting it in the oven at this hour....
 Wallah...Alhamdulillah...done
 Look at how delicate and fluffy the scone is.  The way to enjoy it is while it is still warm...
 Cleared everything in the kitchen at this hour...and just how fast it was...bet Nigella Lawson could not have done that...hihihi
I am eating the warm and soft freshly baked scones while writing this down. 

2 comments:

Mother of Two said...

takpe pas sy habis study sy pegi sana.. kita buat scon sama2 bleh:)

nj said...

shielaaaaaaa...
MasyaAllah...awak masih baca blog akak ye..hehehe. Apa khabar? lama kita tak 'jumpa'. Marilah ke Saudi pulak. Thanks for dropping by ya.